Thursday, September 3, 2015

Prayer + persistence = power

You might have heard it said that when God has something important to say to you, He doesn't just say it once; He usually says it two or three times. I've experienced this concept recently.

God got my attention when I watched the new film War Room (out in theaters now - watch the trailer at http://warroomthemovie.com/). The concept of a "Prayer Closet" or "War Room," is not a new one, but I needed to be reminded of how important it is in our personal war against the sin and destruction that is wreaking havoc in us and around us. On the way home from the movie, God followed up what He was trying to say, by bringing Hebrews 12:4 to my mind:
"In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood."
Ouch! Truth hurts. But truth also can bring healing. I read God's Word diligently every day. I journal almost every day too. But do I have a battle plan for my prayer life? Have I resisted sin to the point of shedding blood? Sadly, no.

Then God spoke to me a third time. I was in my van and "happened" to catch the Revive Our Hearts program on the radio. Nancy Leigh DeMoss was interviewing a mother and son who co-authored a book titled Out of a Far Country. Subtitle: A Gay Son’s Journey to God and a Broken Mother’s Search for Hope. I listened intently to this soft spoken mother tell how her son broke her heart when he began using drugs, then selling drugs, and then entered into the homosexual lifestyle. Not only did she turn to God, but over the next seven years, she became a prayer warrior. Like the main character in the War Room movie, this mom turned a room in her house into her prayer closet.

I have included the link to the first one of these amazing broadcasts. There are 6 broadcasts in all (the last one won't air until tomorrow, September 4th). Listen and be inspired!

https://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/revive-our-hearts/when-son-says-im-gay-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment