As I have sat under my husband's teaching all these years, I hear one recurring message. This is it:
- We were created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), but the sin of Adam and Eve caused separation between us and God. (Genesis 3:23)
- From that point on, man was born in the image of his sinful parents. (Genesis 5:3)
- The Good News is that Jesus Christ came to show us what the original image looks like and He provided a way back to that image. Restoration. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
As the one person closest to this man of God, this is what I have observed and want others to know:
- The prophet fights a daily battle to fully understand this truth. His battle is "against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12)
- The prophet is not released from his call, despite the resistance he faces from those he is called to preach to.
- The prophet is called to obey the Truth, even when he doesn't see the final outcome of the promise - in himself - or those around him.
- A prophet gives his life to this call.