Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Do-over

I watched a sad little movie about a boy who had no father and a poor mother who was so depressed she barely took care of him. I know it was just a movie, but I cried for that little guy. Shortly after that, I had a conversation with someone who told me about her very real childhood. She said she couldn't think of one good memory from it. How I wish I could have made things different for her. Wouldn't it be great if those who have suffered in this life could have a "do-over?" Wait! They can!

This Sunday we will be focusing on John 3:3, where Jesus tells a Pharisee named Nicodemus that no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. Jesus goes on to tell him that to enter the kingdom, you must be born of water (physical birth) and the Spirit. So, while the young lady I spoke to was obviously already born of water, now she could be born of the Spirit. And with that new birth, will come so many wonderful experiences to make new memories. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment