Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Some possible side effects may occur

Have you ever been prescribed a new medication and then went and read the list of some possible side effects that may occur? If you're like me, you may hesitate to take the newly prescribed medication. Why would I want to take the chance that I may feel worse?

Have you ever read the 11th Chapter of Hebrews, verses 36-39?
"Some [Christians] faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated-- the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground. These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised."
Um...those are some possible side effects that would really make me hesitate to be a Christ-follower! But here's the thing. Others passed through the sea on dry ground, saw the walls of Jericho fall and saw their dead raised backed to life. I don't want to miss great things like that. I also don't want to miss out on getting well. What it comes down to is, do I have faith in my doctor?  Do I have faith in my God?  Without it, it is impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment