Wednesday, October 8, 2014

How do I know if it is sin? Part Two

A new home is being built across the street from our house. This week they started digging the basement, but ran into a big problem. They hit rock! And I don't mean a little bit of rock...I mean a HUGE amount of rock. One can't help wonder how long that rock has been there. One night I saw the owner of the construction company, along with two other men, on the job site. I've never seen the owner here before so this must be serious stuff. Until that rock was removed, they could not go further. The owner must have approved the use of heavy equipment, because for two days they broke up the rock with a powerful piece of equipment and now the hole is dug and construction can begin.

My blog posts come from what I observe around me in conjunction with what God is doing in me. As I continue slowly reading Andrew Murray's book, Absolute Surrender, I sense God working in me. This week, He hit rock! I  was working on a design project and wanted to see if I could copy something off the internet to use. Ah ha! I was able to do it...but then a nagging feeling came over me: "Is this wrong?" "Is it stealing?" "How do I know?" I've quoted a friend in a previous blog: "If you have to ask, you already know." He is right again. I did know. However, not only did the Holy Spirit convict me (and keep me from acting on the temptation), He also brought up some design projects I did as a teenager (way before I was a Christian) for my boss, in which I drew some famous characters for bumper stickers (and for which he made a nice profit). Oh! So this "rock" has been there a long time (the Holy Spirit seemed to say to me). If I want the construction on my house to continue, I needed this rock to be removed.

I cannot do this on my own. I need Owner to approve the use of heavy equipment. Luke 18:27 says:
"And He said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." 
 Amen! Blast away LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment