Wednesday, February 25, 2015

No regrets

My father passed on to glory this week. For the first 25 years of my life I was daddy's girl. My dad could do no wrong. Then he decided to leave my mom for another woman. My world was shattered. Over the next 25 years, there were times that I thought I wanted him to suffer for what he did, but when the time came that he actually was suffering, it didn't feel good at all. It took me many years to get over what he did, but eventually I made peace with him.

I shared the Good News of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection with him several times over the years. On one last occasion, before his dementia had really taken over, he told me he had accepted Christ. It's hard to describe the peace I had when I received the news that he was gone. Relief, yes, that the suffering was over; but joy too! Not only that he passed from this life to the next, but that God had mercifully changed my heart so that I could not only forgive him, but I could also share God's plan for his salvation with him!

Think of someone you know. If they died today, would you have any regrets?

No comments:

Post a Comment