Thursday, February 12, 2015

Image

God said:
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..." (From Genesis 1:26)
I'm working on a 1,000 piece puzzle this winter. I haven't done a puzzle in a while and now I remember why. It's a lot of work to get 1,000 pieces in the right places!

If you've ever done a puzzle, you know that the artist expects you to follow the picture on the front of the box and complete the puzzle so it is the exact representation of that image, right? I believe that God intends for us to become the exact representation of His image, His likeness. How? He sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to be born, and to live on this earth to show us how. He modeled life for us. He modeled holiness for us. And He modeled love and sacrificial death for us.

I'm reading a very helpful (not perfect) parenting book called Parenting with Love and Logic. One of the main points that keep recurring in the book is the idea that we parents must model the behavior that we expect in our children. Christ did this for us. And while I was certainly an imperfect model to my son, I have a perfect model to follow (and point my son to) in Jesus Christ. If I follow Him, the pieces will fit together perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment