Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Frustration

After all Jesus says about the Holy Spirit (see last week's blog), in John 16:7 He says "Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." There was a clear order to things. First, there had to be a death (in this case Jesus') and then the Holy Spirit could be sent.

I think it is the same way with us. There has to be suffering and a death to self - or absolute surrender - in order to receive the Holy Spirit. So I must not resist the suffering if I understand it will lead to future glory! 

As I was writing in my journal one day, I caught myself using the word "frustrated" a lot. Then, I "happened" to turn to Romans 8:20 and read:
"For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."
You can't make this stuff up! God's Word is so amazing! What if I applied this verse to my situation? What if I was subjected to all the frustration I was experiencing by the will of God because He hoped to bring me to an end of my self - this body of sin, destined to decay - in order that I be brought into glorious freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment