Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Master

"The pursuit of life is not to find freedom but to find the right master." Pastor Joe Focht
I have begun reading Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray. The book begins with a passage from
1 Kings 20:1-4:
"And Benhadad the king of Syria gathered all his host together: and there were thirty and two kings with him, and horses, and chariots; and he went up and besieged Samaria, and warred against it. And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Israel into the city, and said unto him, Thus saith Benhadad, Thy silver and thy gold is mine; thy wives also and thy children, even the goodliest, are mine. And the king of Israel answered and said, My lord, O king, according to thy saying, I am thine, and all that I have." (emphasis mine)
Ahab gave all that was asked of him. He absolutely surrendered. Murray points out the condition of God's blessing for every child of God is absolute surrender of all into His hands. Everything must be given up to the right Master. What holds us back from absolute surrender? That is different for each of us. Let us start by saying "My God, I am willing that You should make me willing."

No comments:

Post a Comment