Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Burdened beyond measure

Sometimes you have to be forced into taking action. A few weeks ago, my smartphone started letting me know when I received an Email in my AOL account. This might appeal to some people, but for me it totally stressed me out! All day long I'd hear the cute "ding" letting me know I received ANOTHER Email. It was out of control. That was it! I got into my Email account and started unsubscribing to every superfluous Email I could find. I should have done that months ago. I'm glad I was forced to do it now.

I am coming to understand that God allows us to be pushed to the breaking point to force us to make a change, step up to the plate or crucify a bad habit. This morning I read 2 Corinthians 1: 8-10:
"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,"
 When I am burdened it is because I am in charge. I am trusting in my own ability, not God's. May God grant that we would take action and decide to trust in Him, the One who has the power over death itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment