Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What changed my mind?

I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior in college at age 19. Prior to becoming a born again believer, I lived as most of the people my age did. I was in the world and I was of the world. Therefore, when I heard what the world said about a particular "hot button" issue, I accepted it as truth.

When I became a Christ follower, more mature Christians bought me a Bible and explained the importance of reading it. So I read it. Then I read it again and again. I read it so much that it fell apart and there wasn't much to highlight anymore! (I still have that special Bible) And what happened? I began to change my thinking on certain issues. I began to adopt a Christian Worldview. My husband has been saying it over and over lately: "you cannot change someone's mind or actions if they have not given their life to Jesus Christ and have not left their nets to follow Him."

I believe a Christ follower reads the Word of God and accepts all of it as Truth. I am not saying that we won't struggle to accept some of it, for there are many mysteries in it, but I am saying that it will become a strong foundation for the believer. Jesus Christ is the Word. Therefore, to know the living Christ, you must know the written Word. Change begins in the mind, therefore I encourage everyone who calls themselves a Christ follower to read the Word. A lot of people I know are reading it "together" through a cool Bible App. Check it out at https://www.youversion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment