Friday, July 4, 2014

Dead men don't struggle

The above title is said to be a saying of D.L. Moody. I've thought about it a lot this past week because I am in the middle of a struggle. Most often we perceive struggle as a negative thing, but in reality it is not negative at all. It shows that we are alive! If I were not alive in Christ, I would not care about temptation. I would not even give a thought to leaving my past behind and fighting to enter a new "Life Gate*."
"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to yet taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14
*"Life Gate" is a term used by Tom Paterson in his extremely powerful, inspired book Living the Life You Were Meant to Live 

No comments:

Post a Comment