Thursday, June 16, 2016

Terrorists, Christians and Chick-Fil-A

As everyone knows, an Islamic terrorist killed 49 people at a nightclub in Orlando, FL this past weekend. But what some may not know is that several Chick-Fil-A restaurants in the area opened on Sunday to feed blood donors, firefighters, police officers and first responders. The reason they did this is because their number one corporate priority is to “glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-Fil-A.” They were able to let go of a policy that they have maintained for seventy years (being closed on Sunday) to show Christian love in action.

Shouldn't their example be the same for all Christians? And not just after a horrible tragedy, but everyday? I see people every day that are hurting. It may not be from a mass shooting, but they are still in pain. Children acting out from their parent's recent divorce. A diagnosis that wasn't expected. Watching the mental health of a parent decline, etc. Am I willing to let go of my "policies" in order to glorify God and be a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to me? Will I have a positive influence on all who come in contact with me? Everyday, I have a chance to overcome evil with good. Will I take it? (Romans 12:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment