Thursday, February 4, 2016

God's favor

Last week I was talking with another Christ-follower. I honestly can't remember the exact details of the conversation because there was something that she said...and the way she said it that made me forget everything else.

She told me that while in this difficult situation, she prayed and asked for God's favor in the matter. That's it. Not very earth shattering, I know. But if you were there, you too would have sensed the simplicity and trust with which she said it. I often find myself making prayer complicated, but that conversation was a reminder that God wants us to come to Him as a child comes to his father. A child that trusts his father will grant his request.

My mother has always said "God is so pleased when we trust Him." I get it now mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment