Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Is the problem Hollywood?

Years ago I read that Christians are just 5 years behind the world in accepting what they accept. At first I thought the author was ridiculous, but as I really began to think about it, and watch the people I knew to be professing Christians (including myself), I saw that he was right. The problem is not Hollywood and all the trash they produce. Why are we surprised that non Christians are producing non Christian entertainment? Rather, the problem is us, the church of Jesus Christ. We are not being who we are called to be. Holy as God Himself is holy. We are called to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). We are called to meditate on things that are true, noble, just, pure and lovely (Philippians 4:8). Are we? Or are we "entertaining ourselves to death" as the following article by Franklin Graham suggests?
http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/april-2014/hollywood-entertaining-ourselves-to-death/

No comments:

Post a Comment